BEACHES GALORE ...
Sam, Loy and I decided to take a trip Northwards through the Western Australian Coastal region. Sam Sam rented a car and asked us along. We met at about 9am, I made some peanut butter sandwiches and bought the other snacks. Being the kiasu me, I also brought two 2L bottles + one 1.25L bottle of water. We started off at Fremantle’s Macdonalds.
From there, we drove up to Port, Leighton, Cottesloe, Swanbourne, city, Floreat, Scarborough, Trigg, North, Marmion, Sorrento before arriving at Hillarys boat harbour. I collected loads of shells at Scarborough beach and enjoyed the huge waves, not to mention the crabs lurking about. I got drenched by this tidal wave which Loy managed to dodge but I didn’t (obviously you know how slow I am).
I loved City beach more than anything else because its so secluded and beautiful. The waters were a clear blue, the weather was also almost perfect. It was nice and easy to hang out with Sam and Loy. It was part of the Indian ocean, which accounts for the beautiful blue waters. There were loads of other people around surfing or bodyboarding. I think it’s cool and great fun. At Hilary’s, we managed to see some fishermen with the huge fishes. One had the biggest eyes you could ever see. They were cute. We had subway for lunch before going for some ice cream at Cold Rock. Loy and I shared the chicken fillet sub and then the cookies and cream ice cream mixed with butterscotch brittle and snickers. It was so yummilicious. Absolutely divine. The only problem was that I was too full to eat too much so Loy finished most of it.
After getting out of the shades and surf shops, we headed down to Mullalloo but missed the stop and went on to burns beach, Mindarie Keys Marina, where I saw another mini Venice. The sight of the houses with the boats was nice and I loved it. Our last stop was Quinns Rock beach. It was so so. It was more like a residential spree than anything else. It was tiring but definitely good fun … I love the beaches!!
|